As you know, the COVID-19 virus has significantly changed the world. In about one and a half years, the pandemic has caused over 3.8 million deaths and disrupted every aspect of our lives. According to the World Health Organization, one way of containing the virus is through cleaning and disinfecting homes and public places. As you know, many people work and learn from home due to travel restrictions, lockdown, and other virus containment measures. Hence, residential COVID cleaning should always be a priority.
Why Does Residential COVID Sanitization Matter?
Commonly, the coronavirus spreads from an infected person when they speak, cough, sneeze, or breathe. During all these instances, the liquid particles may land on open surfaces in your house. If you touch such a surface and then touch your eyes, nose, or mouth, you can also contract the virus. Therefore, the Center for Disease Control advises Americans to regularly clean and sanitize all surfaces that are touched on a frequent basis.
Which Areas Require Thorough Cleaning?
Residential COVID cleaning should always target high-touch surfaces, such as:
- Light switches
- Bedside tables
- Bathroom fixtures
If possible, these surfaces should be cleaned daily. If you receive visitors frequently, you may also consider cleaning the entire house. Surfaces that may have stool, blood, or other body fluids should be given a priority.
If you are doing the cleaning by yourself, you should use a household cleaning wipe or spray. Remember always to use safety equipment, such as gloves.
Why Should You Engage a Residential COVID Cleaning Professional?
There are protocols set by the CDC about how to undertake residential cleaning. However, most people don't follow them when cleaning and sanitizing their homes on their own. Failure to strictly adhere to all guidelines may increase the risk of contracting the coronavirus.
Thus, it would be prudent to outsource your COVID cleaning services. Here are various reasons why hiring a cleaning professional is vital:
- Training- Cleaning professionals are uniquely trained and prepared to disinfect your home as per the CDC's protocols.
- Experience- Most expert-level cleaners have years of experience in dealing with different biological contaminants.
- Equipment- The cleaners use modern cleaning equipment, enabling them to disinfect porous and non-porous surfaces thoroughly.
- They Are Professionals- If you hire a professional, you are assured your house will be disinfected proactively.
- They Use the Right Cleaning Products- Residential COVID sanitization should use hospital-grade disinfectants. Since cleaning companies have such products, they sanitize, clean, and disinfect your home in one step.
The Bottom Line
Residential COVID cleaning is one way of containing the spread of the virus. However, you need to follow CDC's protocols. The best way to ensure these protocols are followed is to hire a professional such as Cleaning Up Nashville.